Source: “You’re Not Sick You’re Thirsty” by F Batmanghelidj M.D. – p 32-35
1. Without water, nothing lives.
2. Comparative shortage of water first suppresses and eventually kills some aspects of the body.
3. Water is the main source of energy—it is the “cash flow” of the body.
4. Water generates electrical and magnetic energy inside each and every cell of the body – it provides the power to live.
5. Water is the bonding adhesive in the architectural design of the cell structure.
6. Water prevents DNA damage and makes its repair mechanisms more efficient – less abnormal DNA is made.
7. Water increases greatly the efficiency of the immune system in the bone marrow, where the immune system is formed – including its efficiency against cancer.
8. Water is the main solvent for all foods, vitamins and minerals. It is used in the breakdown of food into smaller particles and their eventual metabolism and assimilation.
9. Water energizes food, and food particles are then able to supply the body with this energy during digestion. This is why food without water has absolutely no energy value for the body.
10. Water increases the body’s rate of absorption of essential substances in food.
11. Water is used to transport all substances inside the body.
12. Water increases the efficiency of red blood cells in collecting oxygen in the lungs.
13. When water reaches a cell, it brings the cell oxygen and takes the waste gases to the lungs for disposal.
14. Water clears toxic waste from different parts of the body and takes it to the liver and kidneys for disposal.
15. Water is the main lubricant in the joint spaces and helps prevent arthritis and back pain.
16. Water is used in the spinal discs to make them “shock-absorbing water cushions”.
17. Water is the best lubricating laxative and prevents constipation.
18. Water helps reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
19. Water prevents clogging of the arteries in the heart and the brain.
20. Water is essential for the body’s cooling (sweat) and heating (electrical) systems.
21. Water gives us power and electrical energy for all brain functions, most particularly thinking.
22. Water is directly needed for the efficient manufacture of all neurotransmitters, including serotonin.
23. Water is directly needed for the production of all hormones made by the brain, including melatonin.
24. Water can help prevent deficit disorder in children and adults.
25. Water increases efficiency at work; it expands your attention span.
26. Water is a better pick-me-up than any other beverage in the world – and it has no side effects.
27. Water helps to reduce stress, anxiety and depression.
28. Water restores normal sleep rhythms.
29. Water helps reduce fatigue – it gives us the energy of youth.
30. Water makes skin smoother and helps decrease the effects of aging.
31. Water gives luster and shine to the eyes.
32. Water helps prevent glaucoma.
33. Water normalizes the blood-manufacturing systems in the bone marrow – it helps prevent leukemia and lymphoma.
34. Water is absolutely vital for making the immune system more efficient in different regions to fight infections and cancer cells where they are formed.
35. Water dilutes the blood and prevents it from clotting during circulation.
36. Water decreases pre-menstrual pains and hot flashes.
37. Water and heartbeats create the dilution and waves that keep things from sedimenting in the bloodstream.
38. The human body has no stored water to draw on during dehydration. This is why you must drink regularly and throughout the day.
39. Dehydration prevents sex hormone production – one of the primary causes of impotence and loss of libido.
40. Drinking water separates the sensations of thirst and hunger.
41. To lose weight, water is the best way to go – drink water on time and lose weight without much dieting. Also, you will not eat excessively (at the times) when you feel hungry but are in fact only thirsty for water.
42. Dehydration causes deposits of toxic sediments in the tissue spaces, joints, kidneys, liver, brain and skin. Water will clear these deposits.
43. Water reduces the incidence of morning sickness in pregnancy.
44. Water integrates mind and body functions. It increases ability to realize goals and purpose.
45. Water helps prevent the loss of memory as we age. It helps reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease and Lou Gehrig’s disease.
46. Water helps reverse addictive urges, including those for caffeine, alcohol and some drugs.
Yours in health 🙂
As a certified classical homeopath, heilpraktiker and holistic health & wellness consultant with more than 10 years of experience in naturopathic medicine Corina teaches women how to use natural forms of health care, such as clean eating, essential oils and homeopathy for themselves and their families. She's also passionate about helping women create successful businesses in the field of holistic health and wellness so that they can merge their desire to heal the world by helping people heal themselves, with their personal desire to live soul-filled, happy and abundant lives.